We are an Israeli family living in Israel. Israel Travel Ideas is our way to share our trips in our small country and give you helpful tips to make your next vacation in Israel even more enjoyable. Why register to our site?
|Baha'i Gardens in Haifa
The Bahai Gardens in Haifa is comprised of nineteen terraces, sloping down gently like a set of staircase from the top of Mount Carmel to the foot of the hill. The central axis of the gardens points to the direction of the Gardens of the Bahjí in Acre, where Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Baha'i Faith, is buried. At the heart of the gardens is the Shrine of the Báb with the golden dome; this is the burial place of the prophet - the forerunner of the Baha'i Faith.
Louis Promenade in Haifa is an attraction both during the day and night. Flourishing vegetation, open lawns and benches are combined together in the promenade. Louis Promenade stretches along 400 meters overlooking the spectacular panoramic view of the Bay of Haifa all the way to Rosh Hanikra and Mt Hermon.
|The German Colony
In 1869 came the Templars, a group of Protestant Christians from Germany who believed that salvation can only happen by settling in the Holy Land of Israel. They decided that Haifa was the best place to establish a colony – it had a nearby port, experienced only mild weather, and was accessible to the Galilee and the valleys.
You'll be pleased to hear that we do not just read somewhere about all the sightseeing tours listed on the site…
But we have walked, climbed, crawled, and driven to all of these sites (in some cases, even several times.)
We have of course shot many pictures during each one of the trips and also shot video clips in some of them. For you to enjoy, we have also created great comic strips and timeline clips that tell the history of the different places.
We ate in the restaurants (some excellent and some not as good!) and we were accommodated in each place we have recommended (for better or worst).
Finally, we've assembled and edited all the information and the little details into special, comprehensive, and beautiful itineraries that also include dubbing, videos, and detailed touring maps.
Our goal is to show you the routes and places we have visited and walked, covering Israel from our own authentic perspective and to present our informative and enriching tours, together with our personal stories. Enjoy!
We Love Israel
You can use this site on your computer to make preparations before you leave on a trip to Israel. You can also use the mobile version of this site (just sign in this website from your smartphone) and enjoy all the tours during your vacation in Israel! (Smartphone tips in Israel)
I, Uzzi, responsible for writing all the itineraries in this website, have lived and breathed in Israel for almost 70 years, and I like to think of myself as knowledgeable of Israel through its length, width, and depth (like the Dead Sea!). Any small place in Israel is of interest to me. Through this website, I want to bring you the authentic stories, the true history, the local culture from the perspective of a real Israeli. I have studied and explored in depth every trip and I hope that you would get full satisfaction from this site.
Feel free to watch the following short video clip that will show you five of the most beautiful and most central tourist destinations in Israel.
It is always nice to know the language when you arrive for a vacation in a new country. This is especially true when you plan to stay for a long time or move to the country (to do Aliyah in Israeli terms). Hebrew is the official language in Israel. Only a relatively small part of Israel's population speaks Arabic. I want to give you some tips on how to start your adventure in studying Hebrew. If you've already started to learn Hebrew, I’d like to help you move forward. Click here to meet our Hebrew page.
What to Expect
This site is an expression of my passion for Israel that I love so much. While this site continues to grow, you can expect to see…
- Tips and advices about all the possibilities of trips and vacations to Israel.
- The best tours in Israel -- from Metula in the north to Eilat in the south. Detailed itineraries of every city and region in Israel, and all the other pearls and jams of Israel.
- Suggestions on how to plan your trips according to your pace and your available time - 24, 48, 72 hours or more. Included are recommendations on what you "must do", what "you can do", and what "you can safely skip" if time is of the essence.
- Interviews with tour guides. I want to help you choose a quality tour guide!
- Religious Tours. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Baha’i, Druze, and Bedouin.
- Recommendations on the less touristy places, as well as on our most favourite tourist spots.
- Cultural, art, and museums tours as well as itineraries of important and special houses which include all the "little things" that make Israel, the wonderful place that it is.
- Tours of restaurants, food and culinary culture in Israel (including Jewish dishes).
- Historical, archeological, natural, and geographical itineraries throughout Israel.
- Tours for children. There is no lack of what you can do with children in Israel, from theme parks, to cool visitor centers, and beautiful nature walks.
- Market tours. Israel is rich with many specialty markets, like food markets, antique markets, special art markets, flea markets, and much more.
- Romantic tours. I want to show you what I consider the most romantic places in Israel.
- Tours of the good life. How can you indulge in Israel? From sailing in a yacht in the Mediterranean, luxury hotels in the middle of the desert, to pampering massages and much more.
- Tours for party animals. We will visit pubs, clubs and festivals all around Israel.
- Shopping tours. Excursion to Israel's main shopping streets (someone said Dizengoff Street? Luxurious Kikar Hamedina square?), and the many shopping malls scattered throughout Israel.
- Lifestyle Tours. How does the life of the most religious Jewish people (the Haredim) feel? How is it to live as a Bedoui? How does it feel like to live as a Samaritan? What the hell is a Kibbutz? I want to show you all of these in our itineraries.
- Tours of Beaches. As Israel is small, it has a huge variety of different types of beaches. To understand the abundance of unique beaches in Israel, it is sufficient just to mention the Mediterranean Sea, the Sea of Galilee, the Dead Sea, and the Red Sea.
- Extreme adventure tours, including rafting, parachuting, horse riding, and many more.
- Accommodation Itineraries, of boutiques, hotels, hostels, rentals in the cities, as well as alternative accommodation and camping throughout Israel.
- Real Estate itineraries. Homes for sale and for rent in the luxury neighbourhoods of Israel, in the main cities, in northern Israel, and more.
- 10 Tips and Advices for your next vacation in Israel in various and sundry categories.
- And if all of that's not enough, I will also try to convince you throughout your visit at this site why you should make Israel a priority for your next holiday destination!
Some tours on the site are free, but in order to enjoy all the tours on the site, we offer you three options that you will see after the introduction of each tour: (Why register to our site?)
Want to experience the rest of each tour?
Download (just 2$)
(what you get: PDF of the tour, tour narration, HD videoclips of the tour, detailed map and HD photos; download a sample)
Booklets (just 5$)
(what you get: all of the above + beautiful booklet and a full size map of the tour sent directly to your home)
Login (45$ per year)
(what you get: online and mobile access to all the tours on our website, and the ability to download the PDFs, HD tour videoclips, detailed maps and HD photos of each tour.
You will also get special discounts on our booklets, 2-4 new beautiful tours each month, monthly newsletter just for members like you & special discount on various restaurants, tour-guides and hotels from time to time.) Click here to register or here to learn more about our service.
* Already a member? Sign in
Purchase our downloadable collection of 10 'Tel Aviv Neighbourhoods' itineraries for just 10$ (that's just 1$ per tour, 50% percent off our one item price.)
Purchase our collection of 10 booklets of 'Tel Aviv Neighbourhoods' for just 25$ (that's just 2.5$ per book, 50% percent off our one book price.)
You are also welcome to visit our store to find out more of our Israel itineraries.
Above all, I'd love to help you with any question that comes to you regarding your upcoming trip to Israel in particular, and about any topic about Israel in general. Also, do not forget to come back and visit us once in a while or register to one of our services...
Keep Yourself Updated - Subscribe!
Become Our Travel Partner…
Don’t miss a thing. There are different ways to make sure you stay connected with us…
Sign up to the Israel Travel Ideas Newsletter.
We will provide you with insightful and updated content related to our trips in Israel, new pages on the site, great offers we see from time to time and a lot of other Israel's related stuff.
Don’t worry. We will not bombard you with e-mail.
We will only send you one monthly newsletter and other special newsletters only when we have something really special to tell you.
Follow me on Twitter
On Twitter? Follow us and you’ll receive your updates that way. A great low-key way to keep in touch. Short and easy. Make sure you don’t miss out on any great new trips and other interesting stuff we put online.
Israel Travel Ideas on Twitter
Like the Facebook page
On the Facebook page we provide you with updates to our site and useful info. This is also where we inform you about special offers we encounter from time to time and it is also the place where do contests in which we give away cool prizes.
Israel Travel Ideas on Facebook
Get the blog feed
You subscribe to blogs? Then make sure to add our blog to your list! You will get all updates to the site, immediately after they happen. Get Israel Travel Ideas updates in your RSS reader. (What is RSS?)
Israel Travel Ideas Blog
Join Us On Facebook
Get Our Free Newsletter
Sign up below to receive our free email newsletter with insightful materials about Israel. It is sent about once a month. No spam. No sharing of your email address. Easily unsubscribe at any time.